Friday, February 24, 2006

The mourning has begun

One week from today I will be closing the door on what has been one of the biggest building blocks of my life. I am still not sure I will ever feel ready to leave. All of my work is starting to get passed on, but I feel this need to hang on to it for some reason. I am having a harder time letting go of it than I imagined. Wathcing someone else doing "my" job has been like fingernails scratching a chalkboard for me.

There's a box over in the corner of my office that I was finally able to pack away some of my things in, but I couldn't bear to see it sitting there so now it's behind the desk. I am still not ready to take my pictures off the wall. Despite all the angry callers, crazy cases and never ending work, I really will miss all of this. I am sure next week is going to be even worse...

*sigh*

I need a good baby girl hug and sloppy kiss and all will be right with the world again.
OK, I feel better now =)

1 comment:

Earle-girl said...

Hang in there, Sarah. I completely know what you're going through. It is so hard when you've had so much ownership, and really developed your position so that it looks like you. And then you say goodbye to the people what you talk to about everything from what you made for dinner last night to your funny dream to the cute things your kids did. But I think this kind of pain is "good pain," like when you exercise and your muscles are sore. If it were bad pain, you'd know.