Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Now, as promised, a real update!

Things are going very well here, just very busy. I have this week and next week left in training. Then, they cut me loose. I hope I can keep myself together, learn not to take things so personally where attorney's and judges are concerned, and find a medium between wanting to bring all these kids home with me or just run the other direction. The thought of holding the future of a family in my hands is an awesome responsibility that I am not sure I could ever really be prepared for.

I had planned to start my Couch to 5k running program yesterday, but, alas, my best made plans were laid to waste when I was released from class early only to find my car deader than a doornail! Luckily, a couple of girls helped me push it to a different spot (hooray for a standard) and gave me a jump. I made it to my parent's house to get the girls, and there my dad took over. He cleaned the battery cables, tested it, replaced the cables - all to determine it was "failing under load" - whatver that car speak means?! I am just thankful dad knows! =) Daddy's are great! So, off we went to get a new battery! It was about 8 when I made it home last night, and after all that excitement I just did my regular exercise. But, I will do it! OH! This week also marks a year since I reached my goal weight and celebrated a 65 pound weight loss! WOHOO!

In girl news, they had their first real word argument the other night. We were coming home from dinner with some friends when it just barely started to rain. Rachel said, "It's rainin'! Get umbredella (umbrella)". A couple of seconds later we hear Bekah quietly say, "It's not rainin'." Rachel reacted and responded, "It's rainin', Bekah!" "It's not rainin', Chachel!" "IT'S RAININ' BEKAH!!!!!!!" It was too funny!

P.S. Earle-girl, I am trying your chicken recipe tomorrow night! Hope it works out! =)

3 comments:

Earle-girl said...

I especially love the OK accent! I think, by the way, that I should work "fixin'" into my CA vocabulary.

Pat said...

Well it is about time!!! I have been checkin (in keeping with earle-girl's 'fixin') your blog almost everyday!
I miss you SOOOOOOOO much at work! It just is not the same without you..:( We had "First Friday" staff lunch today. Actually making it "Second Thursday", but who's askin? It was yummy and you should have been there! Guess what Steve brought for dessert??????!!!!! RIBBON CAKE from Raspberries and Cream! Of course Kristen made us hunt eggs and play games...and Steve told his funny stories..I hope I see you online later to chat!!!

Sarah said...

Yes, "fixin'" is a great addition to any vocabulary.

Ah, First Friday. An Easter egg hunt, Eh? Hmmm... I do wish I could have been there!