Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Freakin' Goldfish Crackers!

I blame my first grade teacher for my unhealthy obsession with Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers.  See, every day at the end of the day if we had a good day, didn't cause any trouble, were good in class, my first grade teacher Ms. Karen would reward us as we left the classroom with a single little small Goldfish cracker she would drop in our mouth like a mama bird as we walked out the door.

I loved those tiny little crackers and I always wanted more than one.  I'm sure I probably begged Ms. Karen on more than one occasion for at least two.  I am sure this is where my obsession with overachieving came from. Goodness knows it was the end of the world if I did not get a little fishy cracker. 

For years after my first grade experience with Goldfish crackers I always remembered how much I loved those things and how they tasted and how I wanted more.  I am sure I had them at times after first grade, but I don't really remember having them again until I was an adult and bought them myself.  I don't know if it's just my nature or just remembering thru the eyes of a first grader, but I simply cannot control myself when it comes to those freaking Goldfish crackers!  UGH. 

Now, my girls love them and want to have them for a "snack." I literally cannot contain myself around them.  I have to have at least a serving of them every time, can't just have one or two or fifteen...a serving FIFTY FIVE of them, yeah that's right.  I literally count them out....well, except for tonight when I had 523 calories left to eat for the day and just poured out a cup of them and couldn't even enjoy them one at a time, it was more like five, and couldn't wait to get the next ones in my mouth. 

Was it first grade that cursed me with this sickness or am I just nuts? Or maybe both.  Whatever the case I'm just not sure but I just can't help myself around the freakin' Goldfish crackers! UGH.  I think I need to talk the girls into a snack of a different type, one I don't have "issues" with.  So, there you have it, my Achilles heal - Goldfish Crackers.  Who'd a thunk it?!  Bet you didn't! ;)

No comments: