Owing to this particular article I started thinking about the reasons I run. I may not even make it to 10, but here goes…. I’m not even saying they are good reasons, but none-the-less, reasons just the same
- As a girl who grew up overweight, it was something I never thought I'd be able to do
- When I told my mom I was going to run my first half-marathon her exact words were "It just seems silly, I don't understand WHY you would want to do that?!" Believe it or not, this mostly straight-laced girl has a rebellious streak and there's nothing I enjoy more than making people choke down a little crow. Sorry, Mom, Love ya! :)
- Because at the end of every run, whether it was good or bad, I've never regretted doing it
- The overachieving high school kid in me still has a sad need to collect medals
- It‘s relatively cheap, I can run anywhere I want for the most part, no gym fees and always a good change of scenery
- Because for however many miles I run, I’m alone with my thoughts. I can think, pray, cuss, cry, reason with myself or whatever I need to do without anyone bothering me or asking me what’s wrong. Just for the record, I think there’s been a couple of runs when I’ve done all the above.
- It’s a great excuse for buying clothes and shoes – oh wait, scratch that, I never needed a reason for shoe shopping
- Because I always feel better after a run
- It's simple, just move!
- I love that I burn roughly 100 calories for every 10 minutes I run!
1) DisneyWorld Half -Marathon
2) The Rock n' Roll Marathon Series - Madrid, Spain sounds good for that one or San Diego, CA
3) Chicago Marathon
4) The Flying Pirate Half - Outer Banks, NC
5) The Air Force Marathon - Dayton, OH
6) The Maui Marathon - FOR SURE SIGN ME UP TO RUN IN PARADISE!!!!!
7) The San Francisco Marathon