Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Just call me Martha

Thanksgiving has come and gone and it was a great day, but now Christmas season is here and I can embrace my love of all things "Christmas" without hearing my Fred lecture about not giving Thanksgiving it's proper due.

I spent the weekend decorating the house with wild enthusiasm, despite the many shakes of the head and eye rolling from my dear Mr. F. I don't know why he was so concerned, for I did not ask for his assistance with the decorations except for an opinion of which he would prefer a time or two.

So without further ado, I give you my humble abode, fully dressed in Christmas splendor.

The Christmas Tree

The banisters (yes a little fuzzy, but the flash just didn't make them look right)

And finally, my new Christmas wreath, made by Your's Truly


Of course there are many more, such as lights in the girl's playroom, another smaller tree in the den (where the fireplace is), kitchen decorations and such, but these are my favorite. Now, if only I could get that handy dandy husband of mine to make me a mantle for my fireplace as he promised when we moved in, all would be great. I still need that perfect place to hang our Stockings. I can't complain too much though as he has put a lot of hard work into remodeling the kitchen. :)

2 comments:

Earle-girl said...

Ah, a mantle. I have the same desire. I have a shelf above the fireplace that might work this year, though. Maybe it will look so rediculous that Steve will want to put a mantle up for me.

Anonymous said...

Ah, a mantle. I have the same desire. I have a shelf above the fireplace that might work this year, though. Maybe it will look so rediculous that Steve will want to put a mantle up.com/fishing/travel-fishing-rods/hing-rods/