Monday, January 02, 2006

I can't believe it's all over! It always seems like the Christmas season goes by so fast. Maybe it's because everything gets so busy, but whatever the case, it's all a done deal. Of course, it was a great Christmas -- other than sleeping on the floor of my mother-in-law's house because our air mattress sprung a leak. The girls had a great time ripping open presents, and I am happy to report that they need no new toys for the rest of their life! Their favorite so far is a toy kitchen with fake food and lots of little pots and pans just like mom's.

Now it's on to a new year! I don't really make "resolutions", I guess. But I do like to set goals for myself for the new year. This year I am doing the one year Bible reading program. All my life I have been going to church, but I have never once read the entire Bible in which I profess such strong faith. With some dedication I intend to change that this year. Besides, my dear husband has done it twice, and I have to admit the competitive spirit in me needs to catch up. :)

Well, it's back to the grind tomorrow. I suppose I better get some sleep so I can get up at 5:30 for some reading!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OH Good!!!!! Maybe you can help keep me accountable! On more than one occasion I need a swift kick in the pants! :)

That would be a total bummer getting stuck so close to the end! Do you usually read in the mornings or evenings?

Sarah said...

you know, maybe I knew at one time, but I had no idea that Noah lived to be so OLD! I can't even begin to imagine what some one who was 601 would even look like, much less build and Ark?!