Friday, June 02, 2006

We survived our first vacation with the girls. It was fun, but I will say it was definitely a challenge that at times we were wishing we had not taken up. There were little things along the way that weren't to bad, it was just the one day we really needed the girls to take a nap that was so horrid. It was the day we went to the Grand Ole Opry in the evening. We had toured the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman Auditorium earlier in that day, then the very minute we got back in the van they were OUT! It took us 10 minutes to get back to our hotel and in then they woke up and absolutely refused to sleep again. We tried everything! Patted backs, laid down with them anything we could think of, but without success. So, that night at the Opry they were crazed little girls. Fred and I both missed the first 15 minutes of the concert and I missed a lot more. Oh well, at least my mom got to enjoy it and that's what we really wanted. The girls did, however, do great in the car. All that time in the van and they still beg to ride in it!

I have recovered from the tumble down the stairs and am doing good. I didn't get to run for a whole week and I could feel it. Last night I went running and just for the heck of it I tried to push myself just to see what I could do. I ran four minutes walked two for my 30 minutes and was suprised I could do it. It was not easy at the end though, but I am proud to say I did it!

Now, just for fun, here's a couple of pics of my cuties!

I am beginning to wonder if it might be getting time to shape up some girls hair a little. There's still not a whole lot of it, but it's starting to look pretty scraggley. Here is a picture of the girls walking down the stairs at the Ryman Auditorium.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your vacation! The girlies are so cute!!

Congratulations on your run improvement, too. Sometimes a week off actually improves your next run(s).

The running magazines are coming...I'm so sorry it's taken so long...I haven't forgotten. When I mentioned I was going to share them with you, Greg wanted to finish reading a few of them beforehand. So, they're on their way to you soon. ; )

Sarah said...

No problem! I am really wanting to try that Oatmeal bar recipe you posted on your blog this weekend. It sounds really good.

I went running this morning, a first for me, it's always been in the evenings before, and I really enjoyed it and actually felt like I could do a little more. I don't know if it was because it was the beginning of the day and wasn't as tired or that I had not eaten yet or what. It made me wish I could do that more often. But, getting up at 5:30 on the weekdays is already hard enough without trying it any earlier, LOL! I guess I'll just do that as a weekend treat. :)

Earle-girl said...

I have to take a moment to just enjoy that my two friends have "met" and are interacting together on their own. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy!