Friday, July 07, 2006

Marathon....

Not the running sort, mind you, but something entirely of a foreign nature.

Today we said good-bye to diapers for what I hope will be forever. We are going cold turkey. We have been building up to this for a while it seems. When Rachel came to me this last week with a diaper in hand and said, "Mommy, I'm stinky again", I knew there was no denying that the time was upon us.

So, this weekend I will be pumping them full of liquids in hope that get them to the potty as much as possible. I know there will be accidents, but practice makes perfect - so my paino teacher always told me. :) For rewards they will be getting the much coveted, but never before tasted Hershey Kisses.

Bekah did actually go on the potty tonight and was SO proud of herself. She was nearly beside herself with excitement in picking out which kind of Hershey Kiss she wanted (after all I had to get 4 kinds, LOL - Caramel, dark chocolate, milk chocolate and the new peanut butter filled!). It was too cute!

2 comments:

Earle-girl said...

God be with you!!

Tracy C. said...

It is tough, but soooooooo worth it. Good Luck!