Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lost and Found

Lost: One gold wedding band engraved with the inscription: "To my Fred, love SJG"

FOUND: aformentioned gold band located by the Mother In Law of owner.

Yep, that's right. My dear, sweet, wonderful husband who has always given me such a hard time for taking off my wedding rings every night and who never takes his off LOST his wedding band. Since he never reads this blog unless I actually tell him to I am pretty sure I can post the story in its entirety and he will probably never know this.

I received a call from my mom yesterday while I was at work. "Did Fred lose something?" she asked with a little mischief in her voice. "Why, what did you find?" said, I, knowing she would never ask a question such as that unless she found something really good. "A wedding ring" she stated matter-of-factly. "WHAT?! He has not told me about this!" Knowing that it had been at least two days since he had been at their house.

So, last night he is showing me his dry cracked hands and I just say, "Oh look, you are single now it appears." Sheer horror covers his face and instantly I knew that until that moment he had not realized what was not there. He went nuts. Searching high, low and everywhere in between for that ring. He was totally out of sorts the whole evening.

Knowing that I had the ring this whole time I told him not to worry "it would surely turn up somewhere." And sure enough, it did. Right in his Valentine card today! He still has no idea how it slipped off over his big knuckles. Ah well, thank goodness mom found it or I too would have gone nuts.

2 comments:

Earle-girl said...

Deviousness at its height!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. That's so funny that you kept him looking all that time!