Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Scared in Oklahoma"

So, I haven't really talked about this here, or in real life either (perhaps believing that if I don't speak it it won't be true), but my girls are going to pre-school this fall. Yes, I know, say it ain't so! I am still skaking my head in disbelief. To me they still seem so tiny and how could they really go to school??? ACK! Then, as if all these thoughts weren't bad enough I went to "parent's night" last night.

Oh my GOSH!

I am SO not ready for this. Not really for the girls -- but for me! Just the sheer thought of having to interact with other parents whose children will be in the same classes as the girls struck fear into the core of my being. Why, I have no clue. I felt so totally out of place, I saw other moms there who I went to college with...it just doesn't seem right. It my short 3.5 years as a parent (and as a DHS caseworker) I have discovered that parenting is really more political that politics itself. Why I am so intimidated by this new era in life, I cannot tell you. Hopefully I will look back in a month or so and laugh at myself.

"Our" first day is Friday....Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

No comments: