Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Bad Boo-Boo

Well, here it is, the first black eye...

Boy, is it a doozie! It looks just awful. It happened Monday evening. The girls were playing with their little two-seater kid swing that is in their playroom. Bekah was laying under it for some reason and Rachel didn't see her. She swung it and BAM!


Here it is Tuesday morning


So, it's gotten a little worse every day so far. Hopefully, it will start to heal up quickly. Of course, their school pictures would be next week. Maybe it will be at least faded enough to cover it with some concealer. Poor thing. I just cringe every time I see it. It looks so painful, but she says it doesn't hurt. I suppose it doesn't as she never complains about it.

When I told her she had a black eye she said, "No I don't, Mommy, my eyes are brown!" HA! Then yesterday she told me she was going to tell Rachel's teacher what happened to her eye. When I asked her if she was going to tell her own teacher too she matter-of-factly told me, "No, my teacher only talks about school things, she doesn't talk about boo-boo's." I just laugh. She has not idea how funny she is. A very literal girl, for sure.

No comments: