Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's been a while

Since I posted last it seems the world has gone mad...or at least my world. Fred did start his treatment a week ago last Friday and it was not a good weekend. Saturday morning his was just exhausted and he slept until about noon. Got up and was feeling well and around 5pm said he wanted to go eat. So we loaded up the girls and went to eat. The minute our food got to the table he started shaking and the color drained from his face. I knew I had to get him home, we left all our food on the table (in hindsight I should have asked for boxes but food was not my first priority at that moment) and drove the 10 minutes to home. By the time we got there he had a 103 degree fever and said he was freezing. He went to bed at 6:30 pm with flannel PJ's and his robe on and blankets covering him. He didn't get up until 11:30 am on Sunday. He started to feel a little better on Sunday evening and monday he went to work, but said he still felt very tired. Tuesday was the same and Wednesday he crashed and felt awful. Thursday was the best day of the week as he felt almost normal he said then we started all over on Friday because he had to have another shot. This last weekend was not quite as bad, but he was extremely fatigued. I am hoping that as his body gets more used to this medicine the sypmtoms lessen and he can at least be functional on the weekends. The girls sure do miss playing with him on the weekends.

In other news last Monday, after that awful weekend, my sister called me at work to say she was taking my dad to the ER. He had been helping her move some things into her classroom and had passed out and she could not revive him. When he got to the ER his blood pressure was 64/47. Very low. It took them until the next day to get his blood pressure up, and we still don't know the cause of this. At first they suspected a stroke or heart attack, but tests showed evidence of neither, which is good, but still you would like to know what happend. The important thing is that he is doing better now and they have taken him off all his medications, including the one he was taking for high blood pressure, ironically enough.

This week at least has been better on the health front. But I have to say that I have the most wonderful friends here who, when all this happened, pitched in to bring me and Fred dinner every night of the week and even this last weekend. I can't tell you how much that lifted my spirit and helped me out! I have the best girlfriends EVER!

So, that's the update from my little corner of the world. I guess it's time to get back to work now!

No comments: